Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

In absentia...

Just a very quick post to let everyone know where I've been lately...

We (my family and I) took our annual summer beach vacation for a week earlier in August. This was something that we had planned since last year. At the time we planned everything we had no idea that the new house we were buying would be completed the same week we were away!

We were in such a rush to get out of the tiny rental house we had been in the past two months that we moved in to our new home the same weekend we returned from the beach.

We still don't have DSL access in the new house (though according to Verizon we should within the next two days). So this means I only have internet access at work. But since I was gone for a full week, I've been especially busy at the museum trying to get caught up on everything.

Not to mention the fact that I have people with deadlines waiting to get their kilts made, piles of boxes to unpack at the house, an exam to prepare for (final exam is tonight, as it happens!), and general chaos swirling around me. :-)

Consequently I haven't had the chance to update this blog in a while, nor have I been actively posting on X Marks the Scot or on the Scottish Attire newsgroup. I also have only had minimum time to check my email. So those of you who have written and are waiting to hear a response, please be patient. And those of you waiting on kilts to be made, don't worry, I'm working as fast as I can! If you have a deadline coming up and need to check in, just give me a call.

In the meantime, wish me luck in getting settled in to our new place!

Aye,
Matt

No comments: