Search This Blog

Friday, February 18, 2011

Find Me on Facebook

I've been on Facebook the past few years (ever since I started working with college students -- I was told it was a must!). I've since learned that it's a great way not only to stay in touch with family and friends, but also for businesses to stay in touch with clients and reach out to the public.

I get a lot of requests from people to "Friend" me on Facebook. Most of which I admit I decline. Unless I know you personally, I'm not likely to accept a friend request. Like many, I use Facebook to share photos of my kids, my vacations, and post little non-relevant tid bits about my life. So unless you are a friend or family, I don't really like to allow access.

But most of these Friend requests are no doubt coming in from people who are interested in my work with kilts, tartans, Highland dress, etc. So, in order to stay in touch (without necessarily sharing the news of how my three-year-old's potty training is coming along!) I have set up a Facebook Page for New House Highland.


If you sign up to be a fan, follower, or whatever Facebook is calling it, you can get updates on kilt-related things I have going on and stay in touch. (Of course, following this blog is a great way of doing that, too).

I already have pictures up of some kilts I have made, my wife's knit goods, and some photos of my trip to Scotland last fall so you can see some of the woolen mills we obtain our cloth from.

Oh, and don't forget, the Scottish Tartans Museum has been on Facebook for some time now, so you can become a fan of that page, as well.

No comments: