Search This Blog

Saturday, June 26, 2010

New, but not really new

Well, most of you know that I make traditional style kilts (I'm mostly known for my four yard box pleated kilts), which are sold through theScottish Tartans Museum gift shop, as well as directly through my own web site.

And many of you also know that my wife is quite the accomplished knitter, and that we offer a few of her creations through the museum's gift shop, as well as my own web site.

We have decided recently to give this little family enterprise of ours a name, and with the new name, we've come up with a new web site.

In reality, it's not anything new, as we've been kiltmaking and knitting some some time now. But we are quite proud of the new website and we hope it will be easy to navigate and use.

My long-time website, www.albanach.org is the repository for my various writings about Highland dress. I had been offering my kilts through a subdomain off that site, http://kilts.albanach.org. I still plan on leaving that site up for a while.

But my primary site for personal retail of my kilts and my wife's knit goods is now....

Please take a few moments to browse around. The Harris Tweed section of the web site is yet to be built. And I also did the whole thing without benefit of a spell check, so if anyone catches any spelling errors or typos that I have missed, please bring them to my attention!

I also hope that I have made ordering a kilt directly from my web site a bit easier, so any feedback on the ordering process is appreciated.

Of course, you can always still buy my kilts through the museum, or just emailing me directly with your details, and I'll be more than glad to help.

No comments: